Magnetic Island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Mission Beach
June 9th 2009
Published: June 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hey guys,

Hope you are all ok.

On Friday we traveled to Magnetic Island. It is paradise there. It is an island just of the mainland that has beautiful scenery, lovely beaches and the most gorgeous weather. Our hostel was right on the beach with a pool and bar both looking out onto it. We went and sunbathed straight away and then started to get ready for the full moon party which they only celebrate on the island and no where else in Oz. Weird. We spent the first half of the evening chilling in our room with two guys from LA and another random girl and drinking goon and beer and then went out to dance at the party. We met absolutely loads of people we knew there and spent the whole night floating from one group to another. We went down to the beach at one point to and some french guy told us we would be more satisfied with our lives if we had experienced french men, he also gave us vodka and redbull so we were not arguing. LOL. Sophie went to bed earlier because she did not like the music but I ended up staying out till 5.30 in the morning. It was a really good night.

The next day we got up surprisingly early - 7am so I had only had 1 and a half hours sleep but the weather was so nice we went to sunbathe and swim with the two American dudes. It was so hot even at that time that I could get in the sea. Mad. We then went to have a huge free breakie. Yum. Then there was a bit more sunbathing and then we decided to use our free sea kayaking session. We went out with Amercian dudes and two other guys that we know. Me and Sophie were going to share a kayak but the guy said we were best of going boy girl so thats what we did. It meant we had to do less work. Yay. We went to a secluded beach with them and just chilled for a while and then we just paddled out and sunbathed on them. It was so fun. We sunbathed more when we got back and then in the evening Sophie cooked us all spaghetti bolognaise - I did not have any- and we all went down to the beach to drink. It was nice. I did not get in till 2 that morning either I have no idea why I was not more tired.

The next day was just more sunbathing and chilling out. We went to the bar in the evening but there was not much going on so we just chilled in the room again.

The next day we got an early start and headed straight out to the kaola sanctuary. Here we held a black cockatoo, which ate a seed out of our mouths, stroked a baby wallaby which was the cutest thing in the world, we then got to held the koala which was even cuter and smelled like eucalyptus. There was also a snake which was tiny compared to the one in Thailand and a baby crocodile. We then went for a walk in the forest and saw masses of butterflies and huge spiders. We then went for lunch by the sea at bungalow bay. Next stop was the fort walk around the rainforest where we saw a wild koala. They are so cute they just sit there hugging the tree. We also saw some really pretty sights from there to. Then when we got back it was more sunbathing and then sorting things out to leave the next day.

Today we have spent the majority of our day traveling to mission beach. It is also very secluded here but still very pretty. Our hostel is also really nice again with a nice pool and bubble pool. We are of to do our white water rafting tomorrow so will be having a early night tonight. We can not wait

Anyway we hope you are all ok and are missing you all loads.

Hugs and lots of kisses Gracie and Sophie x x x x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb