Day 13 - Heating up


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Mackay
December 4th 2012
Published: December 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The weather is really starting to heat up. We got to 39 degrees today with about 50% humidity. We are loving the air-conditioner in the Eagle!

We headed for Mackay today. We had a stop at the Capricorn Caves but decided not to go in as we had to wait about 40 mins for the next tour. We then went back into the town and Peter got himself a crab sanga (sandwich for all you non aussie Qld speaking people). It put him back $8.00 but he said it was well worth it.

We then had another stop at Flaggy Rocks for Peter to get one of their famous homemade icecreams. Boy what an icecream! Note the theme here - Peter eats I just watch.

We then stopped at Koumala Hotel for lunch. Peter had been saying that he would really like to stop at a country pub for lunch one day - well this was the day! You couldn't get much more country than this one. We were shuffled outside where we were told it would be much cooler. There was no air-conditioning for this pub, just the warm breeze outside. It was surprisingly cooler outside. We had a very nice meal there. Check out the photos.

We drove into Mackay and found that the side door of the Eagle had come undone during our travels. We don't think we lost much just a little plastic bin and a dustpan. Lucky my fishing gear is still there! Mackay is quite big about 116,000 people. It is very spreadout. You should see their breakwater, it is huge! We are just cooling off under the air-conditioner after one of our warmest days so far.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Koumala HotelKoumala Hotel
Koumala Hotel

Check out the crocodile
Backend of a pigBackend of a pig
Backend of a pig

Hanging up in the Koumala Hotel


4th December 2012

The heat is on
Keep cool you two. Its going to get hotter up there and I'm worried about a couple of crows gorging themselves and melting in the heat!!
5th December 2012

Thanks for the words of wisdom.
We shouldn't melt as we have the air-con going full pelt 24/7. As for the gorging, well I can't say much about that. Can you get Cheryl to email me the duck and rice dessert recipes please.

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0272s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb