Kingaroy


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Kingaroy
July 25th 2011
Published: July 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Monday 25th July
This morning was very cold and misty (-1), the photos show the mist over the dam.
But as the day unfolded it was actually quite warm and just beautiful.
We headed into Kingaroy, called into the Information Centre and checked out the interesting museum about the peanut industry in the area.
We did not know how peanuts were grown so it was very informative.
The peanuts grow very well in the soil from the volcano from the Bunya Ranges (the soil is very red where it has been ploughed). So then we had to visit the Peanut Van and do a taste test which meant we had to buy 3 different bags of peanuts (Yum).
We had lunch at the local RSL club which was very nice but not as cheap as we would have expected.
Then checked out the cheese shop at the old butter factory and after a taste test of course we had to buy some. The photo is of our purchases from today.
Then on the way home we had to call into a quaint little shop which sold home made icecreams (again Yum!!!!!)
The caravan park has a very cute timber amenities block which I took a photo of.
Off to Bundaberg tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0634s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb