'Crikey!'.......'Howzat!'


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Hervey Bay
March 4th 2007
Published: March 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Cricket at the 'Gabba'Cricket at the 'Gabba'Cricket at the 'Gabba'

Our boys having a team hundle pre-game. England V's New Zealand
We have been very busy since leaving Byron Bay (where the Surf camp ended). First we headed back to Brisbane, where we treated ourselves to go and watch a game of cricket. David has become obsessed with the game and I have enjoyed the one-day series too. We arrived at the Gabba stadium at 11am, the game started at 1.15pm and finished at about 8.30pm- so a long day but we thouroughly enjoyed the game and the atmosphere in the stadium. It was a victory for us pommies against the kiwis, we loved every bit it especially as 2/3 of the people there were NZ supporters (as the Barmey army had mostly gone back home after the Ashes). So at the beginning the kiwis were being all intimidating in there big groups, but the chanting soon stopped and was soon replaced with tears!
After that game England played Australia in the final of the one-day series and won! what a great feeling to win something,esp in oz as they are soooo competative.
After a short stay in Brisbane we hired a car for a week and went back to the Gold coast, although we only lasted there for 2 nights as
Gold coastGold coastGold coast

Very dramatic!
it really isn't our sort of place (its basically a playground for singles getting smashed every night and sleeping around etc).
Back on the road we stopped at our first and only theme park 'Wet and Wild' , cooled down and continued up to the sunshine coast. Here we stayed at a place called Maroochdore. What was supposed to be 2 nights turned into just over 2 wks. The people were great fun, the place cheap and pretty and the staff were awesome. Whilst we were there we done a weeks worth of ginger sorting to get some extra cash, which involved standing in the same place at a conveyerbelt for 8 hours pulling leaving and storks off of the ginger..... BORING....
We have now vowed to never do any type of fruit/veg picking/sorting ever again!
As a day trip out of Maroochdore we went to Australia Zoo. It was a really nice, well kept zoo and you can see why Steve Urwin was and still is so well respected by all the work that must have been put into the zoo and into conservation. I would definately recommend anyone to go there.
After a tearful goodbye to Maroochdore we
Me acting as a local Aussie Me acting as a local Aussie Me acting as a local Aussie

Pool at Maroochydore.
jumped on the bus to Hervey Bay. On the way up we stopped at Rainbow beach (colourful sand) and we had a brief didgeridoo lesson, which has given david the bug to want to get his own one! Rainbow beach was yet another stunning beach to add to our collection of beautiful aussie beaches.
We are now waiting to go on our Fraser Island safari. Will update all in next update if we survive the dingos, sharks, spiders, snakes and idiots behind the wheel of the 4WD!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

David feeding a rooDavid feeding a roo
David feeding a roo

Australia Zoo


6th March 2007

Glad your still having a great time. Apart from the ginger that is! Chess is rubbing along as ever, Barbies leaving the end of this month! The end of an era. Everyone else sends their love too. Love Carly.

Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0563s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb