The Valley Rattler


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Gympie
April 23rd 2010
Published: April 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Our last day in Noosa was looking like it was going to be wet, wet, wet so we decided to take the Valley Rattler steam train which used to be a big railway station during the gold rush but since the gold has run out Gympie (yes this is the name of the town) is now a sleepytown dedicated to the history of the gold rush era.

The train itself was very old and had the traditional wooden carriages inside, it reminded me of the Harry Potter train. It ambled along at a slow speed and everyone who saw us on the way stopped to wave.

When we reached the destination the train had to remove its engine and drive it onto a turntable thing. Then the drivers had to push it round so that it faced the other direction and we could head back again on the journey. We had one quick stop for Cheese and Wine, well at least it was advertised as wine but I think that was taking a bit of a liberty describing it as wine as it was truely revolting, but Shenotn and Michael enjoyed all the stinky cheeses so much that they bought some to take back home.

All in all it was a lovely way to spend a rainy day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0548s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb