An Adventurous Day off at Lizard...


Advertisement
Published: May 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

A very lazy morning ...waking up late ....crawling to the staff mess after a night of red wine and movies (after work)..eating lunch and a forseen day on the couch turned actually into quite an adventure...so firstly i shall introduce my fellow adventure buddy Chelsea..my work buddy and the adventure Queen ... we packed our Lizard backpacks and headed to the airstrip where we were fighting through gale force winds.....(well kinda!!) to reach the end of this treachorously long road to the beautiful beautiful Blue Lagoon....

....the tide was at its lowest allowing us to walk around the headland through the water ....with our underwater cameras we became snap happy and seeing as the water had already soaked us we just headed out on a snorkel ...with no fins and fighting the waves and chasing rays we knackered ourselfs pretty quickly and dragged our beaten bodies up onto a rock where we lay and sunbathed...or baked!!!! After a few minutes restlessness kicks in and we are up venturing across the rocks of Lizard as if one thing is for sure this Island has plenty of rocks!!! We headed up and over a few mountains roughing the long grass and the hundreds of times we stubbed our beaten feet in thongs on the rocks and reached the top overlooking coconut beach where we sat and rested and spotted freddie ......freddie the turtle....

....So finally the sun started falling and we decided to venture home - after an extra large coffee with thanks to our superb manager and some fabulous crackers we watched the sunset over chinamens ridge and a dinghy float out to sea which hadnt been moared properly ....( oops .....later we realised maybe we should have raised the alarm sooner!!!)... never mind.......so as nice as this story is i shall let the photo's tell the rest........


Additional photos below
Photos: 83, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Blue Lagoon...Blue Lagoon...
Blue Lagoon...

The walk from the resort down the airstrip takes you to the eastern side of Lizard Island to the beautiful Blue Lagoon.
Blue starfish.....Blue starfish.....
Blue starfish.....

Just off the shoreline at blue lagoon at low tide..


Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0331s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb