16 August - 4 September 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Gold Coast
September 4th 2012
Published: September 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

It is the last night of the house sit tonight and I think it will take some time getting used to being back on the road again. This is mainly due to the fact that we have enjoyed our time in Upper Coomera so much. A lovely house, two friendly little dogs, sunshine everyday, Surfers Paradise 20 minutes to the south and Brisbane 30 - 40 minutes to the north.........nothing much to complain about here!

Getting the opportunity to catch up with friends and family who I have not seen for quite some time was great.....it was really good to connect with people who continue to have a positive effect on my life. Rachel's sister also came to stay with us for a few days so that was good having some more company at the house and the sisters enjoyed their time together.

Having three weeks in one spot really gave us the opportunity to experience life in another state and Upper Coomera was an ideal spot. It is modern and an expanding area and the vision of blending urban development with the beautiful natural surroundings was great. There was a nearby lake with a running track that we took advantage of and a park at the end of the street to walk the dogs. Brisbane and the Gold Coast are very active areas and with the weather the way it is during 'winter' it is a great place to live a healthy lifestyle.

We made a few trips into Brisbane and were particularly impressed with the city's alternative West End area. Surfers Paradise was good to see again but ultimately we preferred the more cruisey and laid back Coolangatta. The Gold Coast offers more than the cocoon of beaches and theme parks and we were ultra impressed with the option of visiting some beautiful spots in surrounding recreation reserves and national parks. The beaches on the Gold Coast are all stunning so it really is an ideal holiday spot that caters for all.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb