5 September 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Mullumbimby
September 5th 2012
Published: September 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The owners of the house arrived back early this morning and fortunately we had not over slept and were tidying up the last few things when they walked in the door. They were a great couple and really made us feel welcome in their home which was another positive while staying in Upper Coomera.

The weather was picture perfect yet again so we headed around to Surfers Paradise and enjoyed a buffet breakfast at the Surfers Paradise Life Saving Club which is situated on the Esplanade overlooking the ocean. After that we started the journey south and before long we had crossed the border into New South Wales.

We spent the afternoon in Byron Bay and this is another alternative holiday destination. The streets were bubbling with life and there were fantastic independent shops and eateries. The highlight was driving up the hill to visit the Byron Bay Light House where we were rewarded with stunning views along the coast and inland. After a small stroll down some stairs we came to the most easterly point in Australia and I did the touristy thing and had a photo taken next to the sign with the deep blue ocean behind me.

Before long we realised it was time to hit the road to find some accommodation for the night. It is becoming increasingly evident that there are diamonds in the rough if you head inland for a while along the eastern seaboard. Mullumbimby (the biggest small town in Australia) has the Leagues Club Camping Grounds just out of town and for a decent price we got a nice powered site on the outer wing of the sporting venue.

The anticipation is rising again and I am excited to see more and more as we head down the east coast.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0183s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb