6 September 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Ballina
September 6th 2012
Published: September 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We started today with a trek inland that took us up into the hills while passing through stunning grazing pastures and macadamia plantations. The countryside was lush green in the morning sun and we weaved up through narrow roads that had no sunlight due to the thick canopy of trees overhead.

Our first stop of the day was Nimbin in the Northern Rivers area. It has a reputation for being a hippy haven and that proved to be spot on the money. There were weird and wonderful sights along the main street...on one hand you had stoners and buskers that appeared to be transported through time directly from Woodstock and on the other hand there was a police officer walking along complete with a bullet proof vest!

Next on the itinerary was Lismore where we stopped for a bite to eat and then we headed back down towards the coast and pulled up stumps in Ballina. The caravan park we pulled into was highly rated and it didn't disappoint. There was even a mini putt course onsite so we thought we would give that a go and I proceeded to be taught a putting lesson by Rachie.

Not far from the caravan park was a scenic running track so we motivated ourselves to hit the pavement and get the blood pumping. Nothing too strenuous, after all we are on holiday.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.435s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.3582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb