Journey's end


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Gold Coast » Upper Coomera
April 18th 2009
Published: April 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

What a triumph!!!



After travelling 54,000 kilometres around the world my journey finally came to an end at The Magical Scarecrows LET'S MAKE MAGIC FOR A DAY event of 2009 at Dreamworld theme park on the glorious Gold Coast of Queensland, Australia. Forty-five children touched by terminal illnesses or other disabling conditions and their families were treated to the time of their lives when Auntie Lynn hosted a Variety spectacular with the first and last STARS WITH HEARTS to sign me.

The chart-topping super hero of pop music, Leo Sayer, was there, so was acclaimed veteran Aussie star of stage and screen Barry Crocker, and heavy-weight boxing champion, Joe Bugner, as well as Aria award winning Australian Idol Cosima De Vito and host of the hit kids TV series "The Shak" Kendal Rae better known as "Picasso". I even got a paw print from Dreamworld's star attraction at Tiger Island, Mohan, the white tiger daddy of the "awesome pawsome" four cubs Sita, Taj, Sultan and Rama.

What a day it was. All the children were gifted Magical Scarecrows outfits by Auntie Lynn comprised of shorts, polo shirts, Aussie slouch hats and sunglasses, and they also received gift
Joe BugnerJoe BugnerJoe Bugner

Heavy-weight boxing champion Joe Bugner signs photos of his fight with the legendary Muhammad Ali.
bags from the celebrities donated by Auntie Lynn containing Magical Scarecrows books, Magical Scarecrows celebrity readings on DVD, Magical Scarecrows temporary tattoos, gift certificates, lollipops and more.

Five of the children from the audience joined in on the action, choreographed by the super talented Shane Tyler Greaves of Stage Addiction to dance with their idols, and Leo Sayer pulled out an absolutely show-stopping performance with his monster chart-topping hit "You Make Me Feel Like Dancing", while Barry Crocker read from one of The Magical Scarecrows stories and sang "Love is all around".

Everything about the day was truly magical, but the most magical moment of all was seeing the smiles on those children's faces.

Please don't forget that all products commercially available at support the three enormous ongoing philanthropic programs of this magical project:

* The Magical Scarecrows Kids Who Read Succeed Program that gifts books to needy children all over the world absolutely free;
* The Magical Scarecrows Let's Make Magic For a Day Program that puts on spectacular days of entertainment for disabled and disadvantaged children; &
* Of course...
* The Magical Scarecrows STARS WITH HEARTS International Celebrity T-Shirt Relay... I have
been the first but I will not be the last!!!

You can also donate here:


Photos courtesy of Aldwyn Altuney


Wishing you sunshine and roses every day.
I.M.A. T-Shirt



Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb