Surfers Paradise


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Gold Coast » Surfers Paradise
February 21st 2006
Published: March 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello!

After Byron Bay, we all headed up to surfers paradise but planned on only staying there for a few nights. There wasnt too much to do apart from the beach (gold coast) and the night life. It reminded us all of a european magaluf type resort as it was very built up with hotels, bars, resteraunts etc.

The first night we were there we all went on a hostel bar crawl which was a good laugh. It was a great night and it even resulted in a bit of random karaoke with a busker!!

The next day 4 of us decided we wanted to hire some mopeds so we could take a look at the city a little more. We ended up with a 2 litre turbo toyota celica convertible! It was alot of fun as you can imagine and only cost us about 20 pounds for 24 hours hire. We all agreed it was worth it as we cruised down the beach highway with the roof off in glorius sunshine!!

The next few nights in surfers were fairly relaxed and easy going. On the sunday night we took to cooking a full english roast for about 12 people, it was a bit of a squeeze in a hostel kitchen but we managed to cook the works! We had a few more people join up with us again and the on the last night we were there we went on another hostel bar crawl before we moved on.

After Surfers Paradise it was on to Noosa to book our Fraser Island and Whitsundays tours which will be in the next couple of blogs.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Hostel Bar CrawlHostel Bar Crawl
Hostel Bar Crawl

The person on the right of me is the sister of a friend from the harrow!! Random!


3rd March 2006

Wicked
Mate u shouldn't be allowed behind the wheel of that thing... fuck me - hit any signs??lol. It sounds as if your having an amazing time. I'm well jealous. Hope u havent forgotten us boys to much... we miss u buddy!! keep roamin. Putters xx

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb