Life of the working couple....


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Gold Coast » Surfers Paradise
February 27th 2006
Published: February 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

hey all...kayls here. so i gave up on the whole working thing..... props to hails for sticking it out. i only lasted 2 days! hahah, whatev. so for the past couple of days we have been spending some time apart...which actually works out well cause at the end of the day we are so happy to see each other. i love hearing hailey rant about some italian guy spending $20 000 on prada for his skinny girlfriend. i've mostly been on the beach, but i have managed to have a couple work-outs...running and what not. you'd be surprised how many little excersises i have compiled for "kayla's hostel work out" hahah. (nikki carter, mom and lyle i know you are laughing at me right now....but this is what happens when i don't have hailey to keep me busy... i start to think about when i last had a real work out and i freak out....hahah, but whatever im giving my body i little break i guess???)

ANYWAYS.......on saturday (hails worked) so my friend Kristin (a friend of Figs that i met) stopped over on her way to the beach to wake me up...there was thing huge surfing thing going on at the main beach. a surf store here called brothers neilson put on this surf and skate festival. there were like 40 of the worlds TOP surfers there signing autographs and giving away tons of free stuff. too bad Kelly Slatter wasn't there...( he's the best surfer of all time...)
okay so kristin and i were walking around gettting autopgraphs and we went to the Billabong tent...these guys were super cool. they got kristins phone number ( i was totally just a wing women) and they texted us like an hour later! we met up with them at this restaurant on the beach and they bought us both beers and dinner! it was so fun, billabong paid for it all. it was really awesome cause they ended up being really cool guys....not like any of the other aussies we have met thus far.

on sunday nights like EVERYONE goes to this bar called "Fishos" and we haven't been there yet so hailey and i went last night. it was amazing. it reminded me of the East coast in Canada. it was a huge bar right on the harbour. you go really early like 5pm when the sun is just setting and drink $10 "Jugs" (pitchers as we call them in Canada). it was by far the best night that we have had to far. it was such a great atmosphere.
anyways i gotta go im WAY over my time limit.
we are leaving on wednesday for brisbane...more updates then!
love you all so much, kayla and hailey

Advertisement



2nd March 2006

MISS YOUUU!!
ahh, sooo jealous!! thanks for the pics hail! they were so beeautiful it looks amazing-i miss youuuu, rock on ladiessss:) xoxo
2nd March 2006

MISS YOUUU!!
ahh, sooo jealous!! thanks for the pics hail! they were so beeautiful it looks amazing-i miss youuuu, rock on ladiessss:) xoxo

Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb