Turning Hangers for Prada. WORK ....EWWW


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Gold Coast » Surfers Paradise
February 22nd 2006
Published: February 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hey guys , just a quick travel blog....
Kayla and I have been working the past couple days. At the hostel they posted a notice saying workers needed cash at hand at the end of the day yadada...i already told you in the last blog. we thought we were just setting up tables....but really , that was only the first part. we have been working in a huge warehouse selling PRADA , BURBERRY, CAVALLI , DOLCE AND GABANNA , COSTUME NATIONAL , etc. all the major overseas european , italian etc. lables....its soooooooo freakng cool ,i love working in retail...and with such expensive clothes...i feeel so special. the only down side is that we are standing on our feet for 8 hours...are feet are killing...but thats the price you pay to have a job we didnt even have to get interviewed for. THe guy who owns all the clothing is crazy , they made me walk around for 2 hours just turning the hangers on the racks so they were the right way , and with all the really expensive clothing they cant be on hangers with plastic tops , it has to be metal....THEY ARE CRAZY!! and so specific....they run around screaming things at eachother ... people with money! I TELL YAAA.............and i want to buy all the clothes. But considering all the money I have in my bank for the next four months is the price of this MARc JAcobs coat I have fallen in love with , like 3 grand or something ? Theres no way..... unless I decide to come home tomorrow because of the coat. ITS AMAZZZING..you know me and clothes though. Kayla didnt work today....I did , I need the money to supplement all the extra things I want to do , ie. sky diving etc. which Kayla would not do if her life depended on it. ( Scared of heights) but weve meet cool peple that would definitely do it with me for sure. Anyways.... Kaylas jsut making some pizza right now... were going to eat dinner then get ready to go out. We dont have to work tomorrow and we got paid today...so were celebrating. Tonight is the pub crawl , Wednesday...best night in Surfers , so were going to about 4 or 5 different clubs/pubs. Should be pretty cool....well meet heaps of neat people too. Talked to Ceilidh on the phone yesterday , trying to get a hold of everybody is super hard because of the time change? but were managing. I miss all you guys so much,.,.... so does kayl. we love you and hope to hear from you soon.
hugs and kisses , hailey and kayla


Advertisement



23rd February 2006

Good to hear you ladies are having fun up north. BTW dont worry about the sharks, you can swim with them and they dont attack. They might have a lil nibble if they're hungry but thats about it ;) haha have a good one. I got heaps of wortk to do so see you when you get back

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb