Surfers Paradise


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Gold Coast » Surfers Paradise
February 20th 2006
Published: March 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Ripley's believe it or not MuseumRipley's believe it or not MuseumRipley's believe it or not Museum

Us with the tallest man in the world!
Hey everyone,

We stayed a week in our next stop travelling up the coast, Surfers Paradise. Really nice place, I suppose the name says it all! It's more like a city with a beach than a beachtown! We didn't have great weather while we were there so we did a few activities to keep ourselves occupied instead. We went to Ripley's believe it or not Museum, great fun, there were some really freaky stuff there! Another day we took a trip to a theme park called dreamworld. Myself and Liam went on everything, the scariest by far being this torture ride called the giant drop! You get dropped 36 stories, the highest freefall drop ride in the world! Liam is afraid of heights so I think it was extra scary for him!!! There were a few rides where we were shaken upside down, left, right, backwards, forwards and directions we didn't even ralise we could go in! Laurie was being brave in the Nickelodeon world there and decided to go on the rugrats reptar rollercoaster...she screamed...and screamed...and screamed (big wuss!). The kids at the same time were laughing, I think I even saw one taking a photo! We had a great time at the park getting to be kids for the day! The hostel we were staying at orgainised something every night so we went on a night called the big night out where you get free passes to clubs, free drinks etc. We met 3 girls from Birmingham who were good fun. We did get to the beach one or two days and what happened...there were 9-10 sharks in the water! Everyone was cleared out by the lifeguards and the rescue helicopter, dingy and jetski were out patrolling the waters! You wouldn't get that in Ireland! We enjoyed our time in Surfers, there was always something to do and see, one of the street performers was a 2 year old boy playing the drums! He was brilliant! We're heading off to Brisbane now next for a few days.
Take care,
Lots of love,
Laura, Liam and Laurie xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Laura and Liam in SurfersLaura and Liam in Surfers
Laura and Liam in Surfers

Taking a well deserved rest on Surfers Paradise chair
Us on the "Big Night Out"Us on the "Big Night Out"
Us on the "Big Night Out"

With a friend we met called Ramo
Cheap dinner night!Cheap dinner night!
Cheap dinner night!

Us on a cheap dinner night out with the Birmingham girls!
Us with Kenny KoalaUs with Kenny Koala
Us with Kenny Koala

One of the characters from Dream World
Liam with baby koala Liam with baby koala
Liam with baby koala

Liam with baby koala in DreamWorld
Laura milking a cow!Laura milking a cow!
Laura milking a cow!

I know this is the picture that will shock my mom the most!!!
We are looking for Blue's Clue's We are looking for Blue's Clue's
We are looking for Blue's Clue's

kids show character for those adults reading this!
Liam feeding a croc!Liam feeding a croc!
Liam feeding a croc!

to be said in Steve Erwins voice
Laura wrestling a croc!Laura wrestling a croc!
Laura wrestling a croc!

Cor Blimey! (also to be said in Steve Erwins voice)


Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 57; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb