The Gold Coast and 'Singing with the Sales'!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Gold Coast » Broadbeach
January 1st 2012
Published: January 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Anton singing about a pretzel 7 secs
Hello everyone!

Thought it was about time I gave this blog writing another go, so bare with me whilst I get to grips with thinking and writing at the same time... Multi-tasking!!!



After we said a sad goodbye to Ning and Ann (wish we could have stayed longer), we headed to The Gold Coast and were fortunate enough to have an offer to stay with my 1st cousin Jason, his fiance Deanna and their gorgeous little daughter Tenaya. Our coach pulled into Southport station and Jason was waiting to pick us up. It was really strange to meet him again after so long (over 30yrs), but we all got along great and both him and Deanna made us feel so welcome! It was made even better by their daughter Tenaya, who was just about the cutest thing ever! She is nearly 2 and has a lovely personality and little language of her own! Tanaya took to Kate straight away and they became pretty much inseperable while we were there. Deanna had made a lasagne for us all and we ate outside on a large, covered decked area that Jason had recently finished building. Deanna is an excellent cook and the lasagne went down a storm even though she was worried about cooking for a chef! Kate and I were very appreciative for all of their hospitalility and went to bed feeling very lucky. The next day we went drank a lot of tea, then went to visit Deanna's mum to drop off Tenaya for the evening so we could all go out for dinner. 'Tutu', as she if affectionately known to Tenaya, had baked cookies and a chocolate slice for our visit... DELICIOUS! I could see where Deanna got her baking skills from! That evening we went to an Italian restaurant in Broadbeach which served the biggest portions of food I'd ever seen... It was really good, but even I couldn't finish my meal... Yes, you heard correctly!
Saturday was the day of Jason and Deanna's Christmas party so it was all hands on deck to get things ready... Kate wasn't feeling too well, but pitched in with everything just the same - what a trooper! We went to the supermarket to get the meat for the BBQ which was a first for us for a Christmas party! As the party started and people began arriving, Deanna presented Kate and I with some reindeer antlers to wear as everone needed something Christmassy. We looked good! It just so happened that most of Jason and Deanna's friends are Kiwis, and after the guitars were bought out, there was a definate 'Once Were Warriors' vibe to proceedings! The festivities had begun, beers were flowing and even Kate who was fighting feeling poorly, had a few rum and cokes to limber up her singing voice! Already quite 'merry' and my voice already feeling particularly limber, I sang away much to Kate's amusement! She even managed to film me making up a partucularly out of tune song about a pretzel... Say no more! However, we had an awesome evening and met some lovely people! The morning after... Kate was feeling better and it was my turn to feel 'poorly'! We all got up and had a lazy day, chatting, eating leftovers, playing with Tenaya and watching DVD's until it was time to say goodbye. We had a really good time and were sad to have to say goodbye to Jason, Deanna and especially Tenaya!!!

Love Anton and Kate xxxxxxx

Nine extra kisses for Thomas, Lauren, Erin, George, Niah, Evie, Matilda, Isaac and Jonnie (of course!) xxxxxxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



2nd January 2012

Happy new year!!! love the newsy blogs and all the photos-lovely to see all the relatives again-they sure gave you a great time. So pleased you and Jason met up after many years-good Christmas party, not sure about the singing Anton-a little out of tune!! Ning & Ann phoned us from Nadi today, they going to see Nana for her 95birthay, Jan6th. She's still waiting for your visit..Guess you will be seeing Tracy before leaving Sydney. Back to school tomorrow-Greg arrives also to join the BA-starts training in a few days. Was very quiet over the Christmas-Jonnie & Katie will be down Ply end of this month, so will have a late Christmas dinner with them. Really look forward to your bogs, photos etc. Am certain you will enjoy NZ-give Liz a hig hug from us. Enjoy yourselves, take care and God Bless. Love you both!!! Mum & Pop xx

Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1126s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb