Day 72


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Gold Coast » Broadbeach
July 3rd 2010
Published: July 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

So we set off with some trepidation to the marathon expo to pick our timing chip and race number after we had been rumbled for our attempts at saving a couple of dollars last week. As it turned out it passed without incident as the lady on question was at a media conference, she sent us a nice email saying we were forgiven as she loved our story and was looking forward to meeting us. wooo hooo we have a new friend in Queensland.

Then we set off to explore the expo, Philips brother Andrew who knows about this stuff had recommended the Phiten stuff. it sounded like witch craft to me they claim it relieves fatigue by balancing the body's positive and negative ions and thus regulating the body's "bio-electric currents." what happened next is all true and I m not making this up. The Nice Japanese man approaches us at the stand and asked if we heard of Phiten Philip tells him his brother who does Iron mans and many marathons (why when speaking to non English people Philip thinks its better to speak in broken English is beyond me .) To which he says...

"Arr yes he tells you to use because of your sore knee...yes"

"er yes."

"Its this one .."points at left knee

"er yes." Philip is becoming more alarmed

"yes and Tim Cahill use Phiten and you like Tim Cahill."

How some bloke 12000 miles from home knows Philip has been suffering a sore left knee and likes Tim Cahill is staggering. I mean he is not even wearing his I love Tim Cahill and suffers ITBS tee shirt today.

Maybe it is witch craft! after this we buy a necklace and hurry off spooked leaving the Tee shirt we bought for Bobby behind. So we will have to go back tomorrow but i get the feeling that stall wouldn't be there no one will ever of heard of them and they has never been a Phiten display at the expo.(hums Twilight zone tune to himself)

Two days till the run now........

Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0796s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb