Fraser Friendly


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Fraser Island
January 31st 2007
Published: January 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi All
Left Brisbane last week for Hervey Bay (which has the warmest, calmest water I've ever swam in). And then we booked ourselves on the Fraser Island trip - self driven!!! Yup, we drove around in a bright pink 4x4 with 4 lads, 3 girls and no showers or toilets for 3 days!!! Loved it - but did have the best shower of 2007 today. Sand was in terrible places! Speaking of that, my camera is broken due to sand getting lodged in the lens, so once i get a new one my photos will be whacked on here. The roads were crazy and we all have whiplash. No swimming in the sea at fraser as sharks were everywhere (we climbed a huge rock and spied some with some manta and eagle rays), but there were some amazing lakes and creeks, including lake mckenzie and eli creek. Swam with turtles, crabs, crayfish and little fishes that kept kissing my feet. They're probably all dead now from the stench and the australian government will sue me for wiping out a rare species. On the negative side there were the hugest sand flies i've ever seen, which stung, like a hot pin in your skin....argh! If you wanted to pee behind a bush you had to use your pants to wave them off. Not sexy having to squat and swat!
Ended up getting fairly raw skin as there was no cover on the island but i've gone brown so i'm pretty pleased.
Am heading up to Airlie beach tomorrow night with emily and my new ladies. Doing the whitsunday islands. A boat for 2 days and 2 nights with snorkelling and scuba diving. Bliss!
Have met some immense people so far. You sort of make little families to look out for each other. Mainly Brits and Germans, who will soon focus on the site.
Folks, may not return in April, a having way too much fun. Come and play!
Love Bex




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



2nd February 2007

I knew you wouldn't return
Hi dude! So you're deserting Blighty eh? JUDAS. At least I lost you to the land of Neighbours - I owe them a debt. You sound like you're having an amazing time, which I'm v glad about. Look forward to hearing about your new friends (I'm still your best one right? No Olgas or Franzs stealing you away please). All ok here - trundling along to the office every day. Nearest I get to wildlife is the mouse trap in our kitchen - stay away Bob...Take care mate. Mads x

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb