Coolangatta Gold Coast


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Coolangatta
January 11th 2008
Published: January 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After leaving Grafton the weather detioriated to such an extent that I doubt we'll ever be invited back..and I quote from the newspaper...'The Gold Coast's New Year's Eve fireworks have been cancelled due to the wild weather buffiting south-east Queensland's coast. The Bureau of Meterology has maintained a severe weather warning for areas south of Rockhampton, Fraser Island and the Sunshine and Gold Coasts. Mr Halliday said it was the first time the Gold Coast would be without New Year's Eve fireworks in many, many years'

Poor Mim and Dave had to dig very deeply into their thinking caps to occupy us during the rain. We now know all the shopping malls on the Gold Coast, the latest DVD's and even some old ones, how spectacular the sea can become and many other things we never expected to experience. We met Mim and Dave's friends, went to the clubs, played the Pokies, dodged the rain, watched the surfers and did everything we could but sit in the sunshine on the beach.

On 6th Jan we bade farewell to our friends on the Goldcoast and left the wind and rain behind in hopes of a warm and sunny Hong Kong.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



12th January 2008

Photos
Hey - you have managed photos - so someone taught you something while you were watching all that rain. Such a shame. I have never been so I don't know what you were missing. when are you home - dont you leave again shortly for US and the new babe? love Iris

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0382s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb