Goodbye Day


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Coolangatta
December 29th 2007
Published: December 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

On 17th Dec we not only said goodbye to N Z but Aileen and Tony as well. Then following our not without delays flight to OZ, picked up our hire care and drove to Peggy's for more fond farewells to her and Sydney.
We began our drive north to Grafton on the East Coast Highway and arrived on 22nd Dec just in time to help with the Christmas festivities.
Driving on the East Coast was a lot busier than NZ and for the most part was single lane. The first day we visited the Hunter valley which is famous for its vineyards and Pinot Noir and spent the following few day enjoying a slow drive along the coast stopping for extra days when we found places especially interesting. We were very priviliged when visiting a lighthouse to see a couple of dolphins swim accross a bay so went back at the same time the following day and saw a whole group playing in the sea before making their way accross the bay.

Dec 25th and Grafton
The campsite we stayed at was on a grassy river bank some way out of town filled with families mainly there for water skiing. People had cabins in varying sizes, caravans, motor homes and tents. It was such an ideal place for children and with so much fresh air and outdoor living I don't think I saw one cranky child the whole time we were there. Mim and Dave's son Stuart has his own cabin and boat and was kind enough to give any family or friends the chance to have a go as water skiing. Needless to say, I didn't try but had a ride on their 'Hot Dog' - a sausage shaped inflatable. It was great fun with all four of us on it ending up in the river. Ken had a go on a Wake Board and did really well much to the delight of his teachers Stuart and his brother Grant. I had my camera at the ready but as is often the way ran out of batteries at the crucial time. Fortunately, Ken managed it a second time, long enough for me to take a shot or two.
Xmas day started as all Xmas days do around the Chritmas tree with the children opening their gifts and followed later in the day by a BBQ with everyone chipping in. Even now, it still seems strange for it to be Christmas in the sun.
We left Grafton having said goodbye to Mim and Dave's family and all the various other people who'd turned up during or stay and made our way to Coolangatta and Mim and Dave's home.

That's it for this year.

KEN AND I WISH YOU ALL A HAPPY NEW YEAR AND ALL THE BEST FOR 2008


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



30th December 2007

Happy New Year!
Sounds like you're having a wonderful time. We have enjoyed reading your blog. Have a Happy New Year and hope that you are looking forward to New York and the new arrival! With love from Tessa, Bill and Peanut.

Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0271s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb