down and up and up


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Coolangatta
October 23rd 2007
Published: October 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

20-10-07. Early surfside. Light clouds mean fine day. Maleny malarky. Gathered bamboo. Spruiked successfully maleny. Restored faith fight goes on. Swapped sticker for coffee buzzed in the street. Maybe its about taking the time to wonder wander through the labrynth of existance. Green grass and elm trees kids on swings, asian student contingent black hair packs and cycles. Here bridge obi obi lightly trafficked saturday. Jacaranda bliss springing lightly purple on the scene. Lotus eaters and locusts. Red wine in the park looks good. I must speak to them all. Strolled obi where whispers distant elders and large lizard observed me intently, our predator the asteroid obliterated. Hugh bamboo stand many meters tall. Retaining walls and carparks. I won't shop woolies excellent rejeneration. Two pumping jumping bunyas out of the ground. Enthusiastic supporters. A family getting flags. Spruiking maleny always a pleasure. Ozafrican girl at cafe. Minister and wife from north brissie. The committed and the certifiable. They're all out there.
21-10-07. Once again the delight of the burcherbird sonata at sunrise mooloolaba. An extraordinary purity in the notes. Then parkedup on the spit looking out to mudjimba, surf boats outriggers and solo kayakers catching waves. Friarbird nest hanging over carpark in front of chandlery. Three young abreast on a branch. Sailing slog windward to gneerings in sloppy sea. Skipper set spinaker sideways. Got it right still in the lead. Finish second passed by forty footer.
22-10-07. Five am start to avoid arterial blockage brissie. Traffic terrific whizzing past as i only do ninety. Slowed to stop once and over bridge and into southport. Intense start to a day. YC spriuk C12 got burgee. Flag store got six handwavers and one large. Kirra surf shop twenty stickers! Coolongatta surf shop ten!! terry and wayne going to gabba got two handwavers and my phone number. They're going with twenty!!! Katrina and jonny we're not prisoners any more. Brazilians love our flag too.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0204s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1001.9kb