day 3 31.7.2008


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Charleville
August 1st 2008
Published: August 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post



Well we had our first free stop Rest area 999 in Australia wide camp book 4 at Maroona rest are 22 k’s south of Bourke. We both slept well Bailey was a bit unsettles, but Warwick put him to bed with him and covered him up he settled o/k.

We played rummy tiles and went to bed around 8.30 p.m. We were up at 6.30 and saw the sunrise. Marg cooked French toast for breaky, still no water so al the washing up had to wait again. We stopped for fuel at Bourke, at the IGA store the bottle shop inside store was already open and people outside were having their 1st drink for the day or maybe have continued from the night before.

Only 3 garages in town Caltex on the way in was the easiest 168.9c/lt 40.4lt’s $68.25 the town look big but there is really nothing there. The road from Bourke to Cunnamulla was 270 k’s and very boring and bumpy and a lot of road kill on the side of the road. Warwick took a couple of birds out while they were eating lunch no fault of his, they were just greedy and moved too late.

Filled up at Cunnamulla 155.9c/l 51.5 lt’s $82.30. We pulled over for lunch on the side of the road at Cunnamulla and had ham sandwiches. Warwick booked us in at Bailey’s Bar caravan park for 2 nights. When we arrived and told them our name we weren’t booked in but then it dawned on the women that we were travelling with 2 border collies so they were booked them in.

They certainly cram them in here but very friendly paid for camp oven dinner on Friday night. Took the dogs across the road to the showground and gave them a run. While marg was taking the dogs for a run Warwick fixed the hose connections on our water tank. Filled and ran electric run o/k. Marg got on the net but couldn’t voice or video call on skype due to poor signal not strong enough. Could text through so told Nathan on other we will try again when signal was better. Managed to reply to some of our blog.

Warwick downloaded photos onto his computer so we will add them to our blog on Friday. We had a nice dinner cooked up a couple T-bones steaks (thanks Sandra) potatoes, grilled tomato, onions, eggs and baked beans seams like Sandra’s lost herself a cook. T.V. is on for the 1st time since we left home. After leaving Cunnamulla marg was bored so she put a DVD on in the car. Bailey Bar costs $ 43.20 for 2 nights.


Advertisement



4th August 2008

GOODLUCK
Wow, that quite a trip. Well i say that but i've really no idea. but if its been in the planning for so long its got to be worth more than 100km. So, however long it is and however long it will take i wish you both a good dollop of goodluck, rest assured i will log on most days from work. Regs Richard
10th August 2008

hey rich
Hi Cous, we have so far travelled , about 3,700 kms and the whole trip will be about 14,000 kms we have to be home first week in november , we are at katherine at the moment and I know with you being in pommy land have no idea where the hell that is but look at a aussie map on net , up the top of oz you will see Darwin we will be there next but we are just down from there now and then find sydney on east coast of oz and just below that there is a place called wollongong we live in that area just south , we can travel about 400 to 500 kms a day when we get going and trust me i got a sore butt and you know us Dennellys have no arse hahaha cheers mate say hi to that beautiful wife of yours

Tot: 0.568s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.4972s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb