Eliot Falls & OTT


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cape York
July 21st 2009
Published: July 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

We drove at 7.30 in the morning to get to Eliot Falls to get a good campsite. We arrived just before lunch. We went for a swim in Twin Falls. We sat in the waterfall. Dad and I climbed up to the top of the waterfall. When we got to the next level, we walked over and sat under the waterfall. It almost washed Dad’s shorts off his backside.

We went for a drive down the OTT (Old Telegraph Track). It had a lot of bumps, creek crossings and steep muddy banks. We went North to South which is the hardest way to go. When we got to Gunshot Creek, we had a look. Dad said we would only look and not go up, but Dad ended up going up the Chicken Track and managed with only 2 attempts. The Chicken Track still seemed like the actual Gunshot crossing, which is an 80 degree climb. There was no way Mum would let Dad even attempt it. I climbed down Gunshot Creek.

At the end of the OTT we had to cross Palm Creek. It had a very steep, muddy and icky bank on the exit side. We had a crack at getting up, but Dad stopped because he might have damaged the car. He got the winch and we put it around the tree and slowly winched out car up.

Fruit Bat Falls is very nice. We chased some fish around and had a swim. Mum and Dad dried and we came out not long after and we took some happy snaps as you can see.

At Eliot Falls camp ground, Mum and Kate went to the toilet and found a Green Tree Frog which was in the disabled toilet. They came back to get me. I ran down the path without a torch and came back a bit. Mum and Dad came along with the torch and saw a whip snake on the path which I ran down. We got to the toilet and saw the frog. It was really big and green.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0344s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb