Lake Barrine, Australia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns
July 3rd 2009
Published: August 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Lake Barrine, Australia



After being trapped in a tin can (ship) for two weeks, I finally made it to Australia. On my first day of touring the area around Cairns, I went to Lake Barrine. It was a very picturesque place. When my tour group arrived, it was still early morning so we went into the inn for morning scones and devonshire tea. It was delicious. The scones were freshly baked and had jam and whipped cream on them. I gobbled mine up without thinking twice. Since it was wintertime in Australia, it was pretty brisk outside so the tea helped warm me up.

After eating, I boarded the boat and began the tour around the lake. Lake Barrine is an extinct volcanic crater that has been filled in with rain water....this make the lake's water super calm and clear. I was able to see turtles and eels perfectly. The lake is also surrounded by a tropical highland rainforest so there were pythons sunning themselves near the water, ducks, and lots of different types of birds. The tour guide also pointed out a variety of different types of trees and plants.

Photos of Lake Barrine: http://picasaweb.google.com/kdupak/03July2009LakeBarrineAustralia?feat=directlink


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Python Sunning Near WaterPython Sunning Near Water
Python Sunning Near Water

This python was about 5-6 feet long!


Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb