Exercise On The Esplanade!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns
January 16th 2009
Published: January 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

This morning I awoke and ventured into the City Centre to visit the Cairns Museum which was fascinating nostalgia wise...I learnt quite a lot about the history and people, though my favourite piece of information just has to be that WomenTeachers in 1925 were not allowed to hang around Ice Cream Parlours...WHY!!!!! I have a few theories...one is that they might get cold thus will not be able to hold the chalk though I guess the real reason is something to with meeting men combined with sucking on cone techniques. Also and equally fascinating was the walk back to the hostel along the esplanade which incorporated birdlife both of the feathered and sunbathing varieties and the frequent landings on the water of seaplanes which was good to observe. What really amazed me also was that there were plenty of things activity wise such as volleyball courts, skateparks and probably most worrying, exercise areas...yes folks, exercise areas. Imagine a young couple walking along the waterside hand in hand, looking tenderly into each other's eyes, pausing, hugging, a gentle meeting of the lips, passion intensifying and then 50 press ups in the exercise area...it wouldn’t happen... would it??? I managed to resist the temptation and headed to Pjs for dinner tonight...Steak, Chips and a pint of VB for $11...happy days!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb