Cairns 2


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns
September 30th 2004
Published: September 30th 2004
Edit Blog Post

Evening All.

Got to Cairns at 04:30 in the morning on the 25th. Got picked up by my mums friend, spent a couple of days with his family just getting over the jetlag. Went up to an place called cooktown which is a bit further up the coast from Cairns. Some fantastic deserted beaches up there which are amazingly quiet (as per the pictures).

Then on Monday I moved into a hostel on the water front at cairns and have basically been arranging travelling down the East coast, getting pissed with random people and sunbathing.

Ive hooked up with two Canadian girls and an english girl, and we are going to travel down the east coast together in a rental car and camp.

The route will take in the following areas :

Cape Tribulation - Basically an area of jungle.

The Tablelands - Waterfalls and great trekking country with many natural wonders.

Airley Beach - A sort of backpackers resort

Whitsunday Islands - A collection of islands south of cairns.

There will probably be lots of other stops before our final destination, Brisbane... but we haven't planned that far ahead yet.

Cairns is very tourist based these days.. and has more than doubled in size in the last 10 years. I've done some 'interesting things' so far such as :

Been Toad racing - Bizarre

Been to a wet teeshirt competion - or two.. obviously I was disgusted.

And been to the same club three nights in a row.. and tonight I'm having a night off.

Going for a meal tomorrow evening with my bitches to talk about the journey and make sure the two Canadian girls get on with the English girl.

Met loads of people - South Africans - Columbians - Weird clingy germans that I had to hide behind my book from. A dutch guy who has been travelling for 7 years and is a diving instructor - and has made a great map of Thailand and its surrounding areas for me.

Life is tough.

Commander Brown (2 brown wings obtained in the line of duty)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb