Falling with style


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Cairns City
May 18th 2010
Published: May 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

blowoutblowoutblowout

our blow out number one...
Day 40
Today starts off somewhat okay, with the thoughts of skydiving in the back of our heads we are starting to get excited but first on the list is for Me and Jackie to swing into innsfail to get a new set of rear tires, Cooper allterains 170 each installed, I can live with that. We pull off that old Toyota tire, which was ready to let all the tread fly off at any minute, upon further inspection it’s a split rim to.. oh my, safety first. We drop the Toyota tire off at buddies house with a note of thanks and some cash, there are some nice people out here.


But now it was onto the real challenge of the day, could we jump out of an airplane… After searching for 30 minutes we finally find the skydive place… a personal house by the airport, good stuff, he says we are early and to go chill out and have a coffee in town, so off we go too a nice little bakery with free coffee, I had an amazing bun stuffed with whipped cream, yummy yummy, load up on sugar before sitting on a plane.
ripriprip

Blow out number two
We get back to the place and suit up, well me and Jackie suit up, in some sweet red pants. Cause we know style right.. HA! In 30 minutes we find ourselves in a little cesna heading up and up and up.. hmmm… 4k looks like a good height to jump from… LOL. Add another 10k of height to that. The pilot gives the signal And bang the door fly’s open, and your staring into the clouds. The dive3 instuctor yells “okay, feet out!!” and I put my fee tout without hesitating at all, 3 2 1 and were gone, 220km/h in 10 seconds and we falling, the feeling is amazing, just to be free falling for 60 seconds, it’s a stunning ride, everyone has to try it once. After 5 sucessful jumps we head back into town for a bit then meet up with our jump instructors for a few beers around 6, they invited us back to go fishing with them later when we return. Awesome! After a cheap dinner and desert for 12 dollars its off to camp for the night.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

bakerybakery
bakery

Where we ate waiting for the skydiving
waitingwaiting
waiting

waiting sucks..
prepprep
prep

I love my red pants
prep2prep2
prep2

Jackie
planeplane
plane

our plane
jackieterryjackieterry
jackieterry

Jackie and terry
mattgregmattgreg
mattgreg

Matt and greg
terryseanterrysean
terrysean

Sean and terry
DSC09016DSC09016
DSC09016

free falling
DSC07443DSC07443
DSC07443

so much fun


Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0168s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb