Cairns and the Atherton Tablelands


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Cairns City
December 22nd 2009
Published: December 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

The Atherton Tablelands is considered THE agricultural center when it comes to Cairns. Gourmet traveling, farming and dairies are all culminated in this one place. The Tablelands has started out as a forest, but with the discovery of tin and gold in the area, settlers pushed through and slowly developed the area. From farms, it went to dairies; from forests, it became communities. This happened a few centuries ago, but the efforts of modernization continue to linger even still among the lands.

The Atherton Tablelands can be found West off of Cairns.

Cairns is also the hub of modern and aboriginal art. Art galleries abound, showcasing and presenting the different styles and works of both local aboriginal, and international artists. And the pinnacle of tourism in Cairns? The free tourist attractions that also part of the natural scenery around Cairns, like the Kuranda village or the Barron Gorge. Fishing off the coast of the Marlin Marina can also prove to be an inexpensive way of enjoying yourself in Cairns. Or take a care and view the waterfalls in Atherton T. Either way, both are free, but it'll talk you a longer time to drive. In any case, packing your stuff into a campervan (see Campervan hire Cairns ) would save you the trouble of toured trips.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb