Getting a Camper Van


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Cairns City
March 30th 2009
Published: April 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

March 30

Today we left Palm Cove. Before we went, the very nice hotel people gave us 3 pens and a sleeping bag so we could stay in camps when we continued to travel.

We went to get the camper van. It took a very very long time to pick up the camper, MORE THAN 2 HOURS! When we finally got the van, it was larger than we expected.

The next stop on the route was the Innot Hot Springs. The journey was an exciting experience. It was 3 hours of bumpity-bump and twisting and turning (see the picture of the map). It was hard to read or even play a video game (gasp). The scenery was nice though.

It was dark when we arrived at Innot. We pulled into a local bar to get directions to the park. It was like a scene from a movie. There were a bunch of people sitting outside with their dog, having a cold one. Dad went in to ask for directions and came back to the van. Dad, who wasn't used to reversing in the van, frightened the people sitting out front. Even though the van was in reverse, we were going forward. One man jumped out of his chair!

When we arrived at the park, there were no lights on inside the office...Uh Oh!
Dad walked around in the dark to try to find a back door. Finally we had some success. The owner was closing up shop, but rented us a site for the night anyway.

We finally had a good sleep our first night in the camper van.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0586s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb