Cairns....revisted


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Cairns City
October 22nd 2007
Published: October 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Learning about the rainforestLearning about the rainforestLearning about the rainforest

...or just pretending to be on the phone!

Amongst some other places



So, our trio is down to two, we sadly departed from (a very crest fallen, I might add) Clarence on Saturday

However before Saturday we had been adventuring a bit more. We left Cairns and headed for Port Douglas, which is a beautiful little town, without, very infuriatingly, a butchers, but that is another very long and pointless story that irked us so! We stayed a night in Port Douglas before venturing off into the wilderness of Daintree and Cape Tribulation - The most Northen Point Of Australia. I may just take this juncture to add that since australia zoo Craig has decided that he is the Crocodile Hunter and every creek we cross is announced to have "lank Crocs' so you can imagine the excitment as we had to cross the Daintree river, a veritable croc-haven....with no evidence of the ancient repitles.

We took a canopy tour of the so called Worlds Oldest Rainforest, and got rained on - A LOT!!!! Rain aside, it was really beautiful and educational apart from the Cassowarys (giant, ugly ostich like birds) whos natural habitat we had stumbled into, thankfully we didn't see any. We stayed at a campsite in the middle of the rainforest and had an unexpected dinner guest in the shape of Timothy the Thingy.....White Tailed Kangaroo rat, or quite possibly just a big fat rat, we are inclined to believe the former, but check the pic and decide for yourselves.

After getting the worlds shortest ferry crossing back to Daintree... we headed for another Campsite in Cairns, and here we are!

We are checked into a cosy little back-packers where we have an aircon in the room! Happy days! the weather is getting back to being hot and sunny rather than just muggy, so we hope to do some more diving on the Great Barrier Reef. We have however, shared a very rare bonding moment watching the rugby! (Gemma wont let Craig put the pictures of his bruises on-line!)

Hopefully we will write another blog before our flight. thanks for all your comments... it was nice to know that you are all keeping up to speed with our adventures.

We leave for Kuala Lumpa on the 28th so in exactly six days and cant wait!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 61; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb