Relaxing in Cairns


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Cairns City
August 19th 2007
Published: August 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

August 19, 2007Cairns1
This afternoon we left a very cold Ayres Rock and took a 3 hour flight to Cairns. We walked off the plane and were greeted with warm air and clouds. Hmm, no surprise there but the warm air was wonderful since it has been so cold here. We are staying at the Holiday Inn. I am sick of Holiday Inns. Note to self: Forget the points and stay at hotels unique to the area. Boutiques are best!
We do have a balcony so we are able to have the door wide open and if you look out you see palm trees and the mountains. (And some buildings, but it sounds much better without). If you stand on the balcony we have water view! Yippee. We aren’t going to do much today being as it is dinner time and we (Mark) is doing laundry since we have suitcases full of dirty clothes.
Aly, Andy, and Grace are supposed to be arriving in Cairns tonight, so maybe dinner with them. We really don’t have anything planned which is good, because the weather isn’t great and looks like showers for tomorrow. I would love warm sunshine for this part of the trip; we are at the beach after all. And my parents can be happy, I’m not doing any extreme sports here (no jumping out of a plane even though that would be awesome). Well maybe whitewater rafting, but that’s not really extreme.
Send some of that warm US weather our way. The sun part, not the humidity please. Thanks!!!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0175s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1004.5kb