First taste of Brisbane city


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
December 16th 2012
Published: December 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Another fairly early start, especially for a Sunday. Up at 8am and headed into South Bank in Brisbane to meet Amelia and Leighton – Matt and Rowena’s friends, for breakfast.

South Bank is a lovely modern area with beautiful walk ways crafted from steel and bright pink hibiscus growing over, lines of trendy restaurants, plaza’s and a lovely relaxed atmosphere on the edge of the river.

We all selected a nice looking place for breakfast and I had amazing muesli with yoghurt honey and fruit all mixed in – tasted fab (would be considered far too unhealthy by you though mum!) After a few hours of chatting, Rowena, Matt and I headed to the best bit of South Bank……the fake beach with a large lagoon style swimming area. Its great just relaxing and swimming whilst overlooking the river and city sky scrapers.

We then headed home and I really understood how hot it gets here, at midday all we could really do was laze around inside as it was too hot to be out and about doing anything. Felt like a bit of a waste of the day, but I will learn to get used to it!

Early evening Rowena and I made some Banana cakes, and most importantly some PIMMs. Before long, Basil, Rowena’s friend arrived and we started the BBQ. Had a lovely evening outside chatting and relaxing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0239s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb