4 August 2011


Advertisement
Published: August 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Our last day in Trinity Beach and Tux and I decided to head north to Port Douglas along the scenic Captain Cook Highway. For long parts the road goes alongside sandy beaches. There was also much evidence of fires along the side of the road.

Port Douglas was a lovely unspoilt resort with no high rise apartment/hotels and a 4 mile long sandy beach down one side. When Tux and I climbed a walk to a lookout point, all you could see were palm trees and no buildings.

While we were there, parked up by the marina, the heavens opened so we had to dive into a Hogs Breath bar for a beer! This marina was also being used to shuttle passengers off the Princess cruise ship moored out at sea.

On the way back we stopped off to photograph a bit of the bush still on fire. Tux was shocked to see a snake wriggle past his shoe and stop for a photo as well!

Tux and I got back to the other around lunchtime and we had a quiet afternoon. Stephanie and Tux decided to go off to a night market in Cairns so the rest of us went to a local restaurant in Trinity Beach, where we were greeted by the owner, an avid Chelsea supporter. He actually had a sign up saying Man Utd shirts not welcome! As Chelsea supporters he gave us a free starter, but when I asked him for a recommended bottle of red, he more than got this back!!
Prior to going to bed we got most of our packing done, ready for an early start in the morning.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb