Brisbane


Advertisement
Published: March 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

So we arrived in Brisbane expecting very little as most people hate it. We orignally planned to stay a week but only lasted 4 days. As a city its pretty dull and very much centered around office like and a concrete jungle that reminded me of a typical city up north. Now for the good bits. Streets beach is a manmade lagoon and beach in the heart of the city next to Brisbane river and is really nice on a hot day. The botanical gardens had some great wildlife in them and the free bus got us around the city with ease, im struggling for positives. i think we have been spoilt up to now and this was a little ordinary. The night out was crazy,we played bar wars and won alot of free drink, brisbane backpackers against cairns, we won. we met some crazy girls in our room that were not exactly backward in coming forward and randomly stephane returned to Brisbane and was in our room by pure chance. We decided to head an hour back north to Australia Zoo Steve Irwin's zoo. This was a great day but a little sad given his death and so on. although the whole day passed without tribute and life certainly goes on there. i fed an elephant, cuddled koalas, lay down with a family of kangaroos and seen alot of huge crocs (crocs rule), we had a crikey chant and seen some tigers wrestling each other and the zookeepers. it was a great day. Back to Brisbane and we went to the XXXX Ale house for the tour, this was awesome and we worked our way through all the special beers and met some pretty cool people. The scale of this factory is huge and we finally found out that they cant make bitter here due to the conditions, they call some lagers bitter just to keep the name. We left Brisbane the next day to head to Surfers Paradise.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.264s; Tpl: 0.03s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1952s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb