Planes and Rides...


Advertisement
Published: February 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Brisbane last night after a long flight of 22 hours. The flights were not too bad, as on the first leg to Singapore, we had three seats each, so I covered myself in my blanket, and I slept for a good few hours. Then at Singapore Airport, we slept on some sets for about 1/2 an hour, and then we went to our gate, and got on the plane quite quickly.

I slept for about three hours on the second flight. We had some food, and then we watched some T.V.

It took a while to get our bags, and then we had to declare certain items at customs, so that took a little longer, to open our bags and things.

Today we went to Movie World, and we went on all of the rides. I went on a ride called Superman Escape, and it had 4.2G of positive G-Force, and 1G of negative G-Force. It was really fast. It goes up like Stealth (at Thorpe Park), and then down at a vertical angle, then it goes round a lot more corners, and some more drops. It was so much fun, it goes from 0-100kph in 2 seconds, and the acceleration was really cool. We got the pictures from the ride, and they are really funny. (Mel has crazy hair, and my mouth is wide open!)

We got really wet on the log flume, and it was really fun. There is a backwards drop on it! We also went to the 4-D theatre, and we saw a Shrek film. The stunt show was good. It is exactly the same as the last time, even with the same people doing the stunts, and also the man that is pulled from the audience...

Tonight we have been for a swim and a sauna, and we have had salmon for dinner.

On Monday we are leaving Brisbane to travel up to Cairns on the bus, and we sorted out a hostel on the phone tonight, so now we have somewhere to stay when we are in Noosa on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Now we are watching the movie Ratatouille. It is good. I am really tired though, so I will go to bed when it is finished.... I will write again tomorrow once we have been out and about in Brissie, and then again on Sunday when we have been to Australia Zoo..

Mel says hi to Andrew and her parents and brother....

Hope everything is okay in the U.K. and the weather is not too bad.


Advertisement



29th February 2008

Hi sounds like you had a good flight.........especially as we know how much you like them! It was fun having our 'video conference' last night. Must do it again sometime. Send some photos soon. Have a good time this weekend and take care Loads of love Mum xxxx
1st March 2008

Sounds like you're having a great time girls, glad you're safely in Australia. Just so you know Mel, Nanna read this blog (or at least looked at the photos) today from a mobile phone, so people far and wide are being kept up to date with all your adventures! keep having fun and stay in touch
9th March 2008

HOW ARE YOU GIRLS
Hi Lauren. Just to let you know we are all thinking of you. Hope your travels around Australia are going well. Take care. All our love

Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0938s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb