Airlie Beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
March 11th 2014
Published: March 12th 2014
Edit Blog Post

I woke up and it was still raining. Our first stop was just a toilet stop nothing interesting to see. Still raining.

The lunch break was in Mackay. There is a big shopping centre. This is next to a river.

Next stop was Cape Hillsborough. There were many kangaroos. Two were in front of the reception. They allowed someone to stroke them. At the beach there were lots of cancers. I saw a lot of birds.

It was planned to take a ferry to Dreamland Island, but a cyclone crossed our plans. We had to stay at mainland. It was still raining so there was no possibility to make anything outside except swimming. I swum one hour in the hotel pool. It was not allowed to swim in sea because of jellyfish.

Tuesday: We walked along shore from Arlie Beach and to a Arlie Creek track. This is a nice short track next to the river. You walk through rain forest. We saw a few lizards, butterflys and at the end of the way there is a waterfall. You have to turn arround and go the same way back. It took one hour.

We walked to the next town Cannonvale. There is a little shopping centre.

After lunch we swum one hour in swimming pool.

In the evening we played cards.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.057s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb