Day 17 Day in the Sun


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
November 13th 2013
Published: November 14th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Good breakfastGood breakfastGood breakfast

Trust us it was really nice
So finally a lie in with a leisurely breakfast. The plan for today is just to sit around the pool. So bit disappointed when we woke up to cloud.

Still very warm so decided we would stick to the plan. Breakfast was lovely -it's included here and it's a la carte so ordered the eggs Benedict. Sorry the picture is of our empty plates so you'll have to take our word for it.

Even though the resort is quite large, the pool area is quite small we were the only ones around the pool which was lovely. Quite cold in the pool so you will only see a photo of Ian in the pool ( who thought it was fine). I did put my legs in though.

Late afternoon we decided to check out the beach front. Avoiding the walk we used the courtesy bus (well it was very warm) to take us in. Wandered around the lagoon (lots of people) and the beach(no people). Later we asked the barmaid why there was no one on the beach. Her response- well it's not very nice is it!

It is a real backpacker town. Having felt 20 years
Black run to our hotel roomBlack run to our hotel roomBlack run to our hotel room

Thank goodness for the golf buggy
too young yesterday I definitely felt 20 years too late for Airlie beach. Obviously for those of you that know Ian this wasn't a shared view. He felt he fitted in just fine.

We went back down in the evening for a chilli at captain jacks. I had a craving for one. Was quite nice but it had lettuce on top!!!! After eating we went to a bar called KCs which had a live band on called 'The Hillbilly Goats' which specialised in 'mountain music'. They were really good and the band actually included a goat!

Early night as back to early starts tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

No frost hereNo frost here
No frost here

Ian's toe nails aren't the red ones
Infinity pool with a great viewInfinity pool with a great view
Infinity pool with a great view

Ian loved it. Too cold for me
Airlie BeachAirlie Beach
Airlie Beach

No one uses it, they all prefer the lagoon, which is very nice and full of lovely young things. All drunk!!!
Night outNight out
Night out

Great band The Hillybilly Goats. Clogging and fiddle playing what could be better


Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0976s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb