First entry form oz!!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
June 18th 2009
Published: June 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

hey everyone! sorry its been a while but internet has been hard to come by!
Well... were in australia! flew into cairns a week ago on tuesday, lovely weather, and an amazing town. stayed in gilligans which was all party party party, however, we didnt do any of that partying (losers i know). whilst in cairns we went snorkelling and scuba diving on a day trip out onto the great barrier reef which was simply mind-blowing and none of you will ever understand just how amazing unless youve already done it as the underwater landscape is just like nothing else. here we saw soo many fish like parrott fish, rainbow fish, little finding nemos and even a turtle!
however, the way back into land upset it only a tiny bit as i (alex) got very very seasick!
from here we caught our first oz experience bus on saturday and travelled to magnetic island, however, along the way we stopped off and did a very early morning aboriginal walk through the rainforest to this river where the aboriginees say is like haunted as a lady died there after a war of love between her family and her lover and turned herself into the rocks when she died and now she calls men to the river to swim after which they drown,...and the scary thing is that 16 people have died there after swimming, all of them men!!!!!
im going to hand over to katy now as mum is phoning me! love you all xxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb