a home away from home.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
May 18th 2009
Published: May 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We are now in Airlie Beach...and it's beautiful here. It is the gateway to the Whitsunday Islands and the Great Barrier Reef!

We got ourselves an appartment in a holiday resort complex. It is a 1 bedroom, but has 3 beds...1 King, 2 Futons! We will be rotating monthly I think, and plan to be here for at least 3 months.

Our view is stunning. We can see the ocean, and the islands from our balcony.

On our way up we stopped at Carmila Beach. Stayed the night. We met some travellers from different parts of the world. It was great to have conversations with so many different people about travelling and Australia. I have a feeling that talking to all these different people with entice me to want to see even more than I already do!

We have been living in the campervan for the last little while, minus 3 nights stay at Amanda's friend's place in Airlie. We went out on Saturday, and were surprised to see that the clubs here do not close, or stop serving until 5am! Watch out Australia!!!

Airlie is busy, but small. It seems like the perfect place for us to start and make some money. Still no jobs, but we haven't started to look. We hear that it's pretty easy to find work, especially if you're not picky about what you do...and we are not picky! Fruitpicking is also nearby, which you apparently need 3 months of if you want to apply for the second year extension on your visa.

Starting to miss family and friends at home - but we think you should all visit us in paradise! The flight is worth it! TRUST ME!

We are still planning to do the rest of the coast down to Sydney, but think we'll wait until October/November to do it. It's warm here, and we are not too excited about wearing sweaters and jackets now that we've seen how nice it can be!

We are also starting to price some reef/island tours...so I'll keep you posted.

Pictures should follow soon. Until then...Lotsa Love from DOWN UNDER!!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb