its been a while


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Agnes Water
June 24th 2006
Published: June 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

sorry that i havent updated this in a while............

so we decided to leave Bowen, we wanted to do some fruit picking there but there was no ripe fruit. we are now in agnes water. it is very nice here and the hostel we are staying at is very clean and freindly. ( they actually close down the kitchen to clean it)

2 days ago we went on a kayak trip. we paddled out to a secluded beach stripped our clothes off and made our way out to a sand bar where the surf breaks ( big waves) if you time it just right you can ride a wave in your kayak. if you dont you tip over, we did both. after we all caught a few waves we went back to the beach for some wine and to watch the sunset. i would say the best part was sitting in the front of the kayak and taken 'er easy while cody did all of the paddeling. ( he needed a good workout)

today we rented a surf board!! it was lots of fun, i stood up a few times. plus the surf board was a faded red colour so it looked pink. i wanted to look good so i borrowed a pair of codys board shorts. cant wait to do it again. Ps i was shark catious.

we also found a secluded beach that is just beautiful. i've been sun bathing alot.

we also went on a scooter-roo tour. we drove along lots of country roads and saw alot of kangaroos. i wish they werent so scared of humans so i could pet them, maybe go for a ride right grampy. they took us to a cafe where you could buy potato wedges, they were to die for. we ate them while watching the sunset, which was covered by clouds.

now we think we will go to Bundaberg to try and find work there.

take care everyone
Emily

Advertisement



29th June 2006

it has been a while...
Sounds like you are having the time of your life, it all sounds beautiful and romantic. You must be as black as the aboriginies by now. Glad to hear you finally got to try surfing. Next time in the Hamptons you can try Montauk - where the sharks are!!! We had a great weekend there this past one, weather sucked but of course being pampered by Doug and his awesome cooking (ribs) was not so bad. Dave took me for a private pilates class and Raj got his massage. Reece and I kayaked and thought of you. Keep having fun but be careful..... Love, Lorelee

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0597s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb