Surf’s Up & Burning Rubber!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Agnes Water
November 30th 2010
Published: December 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


From Airlie Beach we moved on to somewhere… very quiet. The next part of our trip took us to Agnes Waters, next to Town of 1770. The Town of 1770 is where the Australia story all begins – Captain Cook landed there back in 1770 and we now have Australia. Agnes Water is next door with a little more going on than the 50-something residents of 1770. However, there is not a huge amount to do there so if you find your self there or are planning to stop there one/two nights is more than enough.

Despite being a quiet place we still got in some firsts and adrenalin rushes. Poonam put her feet to board and went for a surfing lesson! After a couple hours in the water she is now level one certified. It is not easy as it looks but the photos look so cool! Jumping on a board as it moves through the water take a fair bit of skill in balance, timing and co-ordination all at the same time so while Poonam practices some more I’m going to have my first lesson as well soon.  I did say I might come back home with a surf board in hand!

The highlight of our stay was Scooteroo. We took a three hour motorcycle ride around Agnes Waters and Town of 1770! We got our leather jackets and helmets with flames on and put on some hairy biker tattoos; Poonam got a dainty “Good Girl Gone Bad” on the back of her hand while I chose to go a little more tribal with some crazy lines on the back of my neck!! We then chose our bikes and hit the road driving down roads and through parks; we stopped of at one in good time to see our first wild kangaroo with a Joey in her pouch as well! After burning some rubber we stopped of to watch the sunset while sitting eating a healthy portion of potato wedges. A beautiful scene – shame the clouds decided they wanted to see the sunset as well and got in our way! Nonetheless it was spectacular scenery and an experience that was a highlight and great memory of Agnes Waters.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



11th January 2011
Attempt...

Surfs Up :o)
Check you out.. i am loving this picture :o)

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb