The Rock Tour - Uluru (Ayers Rock)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Uluru
January 10th 2012
Published: January 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 120, 09/01/12

Up at 4:15am!! It was still dark but it was worth it as we watched the sunrise over Uluru whilst eating our breakfast. We did the Base walk which was pretty long and we did get a bit wet because of the rain but it soon cleared up and we were fine. The Base walk is basically a walk around the whole rock and is about 7km's which is strange because the whole perimiter of the rock is about 9.5kms and it is 350m high (I told you it was huge) but the walk was really nice and you really don't realise how big the rock is until you walk around it.

We learnt a few more little stories and some parts of the rock you are not allowed to photograph because it is sacred to the aboriginals.

I am so glad I came up to Alice and came to see Uluru, I loved it, met some cool people and have seen an amazing icon of Australia, but spent a lot of money to get there!

We took our long drive back to Alice Springs stopping off at a camel farm on the way, some people rode a camel but I just took pictures of all the other animals and was amazed that people actually lived and worked there in a tiny roadhouse the middle of knowhere.

Back in Alice, we all went back to our hostels to get showered and cleaned up before all meeting back up in the bar for a meal and some drinks to end our tour with our great guide as well. Was a nice end to the tour as the people were really great and we had a good evening - even though we were all shattered.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb