Day 5


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Uluru
August 21st 2010
Published: August 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hey all,

Day 5 sees us still at Uluru.
Today we took it easy, not much driving, Nana naps, site seeing and then spoilt for dinner.

We started of with a nice cooked breaky on the BBQ and left the van around 10am.
Took off to the Olga's for a look. Pretty windy here today so just did the site seeing stuff.
After the Olga's we went to Uluru, i know i said the other day that it is impressive but when you get up next to it, its just bloody huge!
The rock was shut due to high winds at the Summit so we went for a drive and walk. The steepness of it is hard to appreciate until you look at it close up. I will climb this one day but it is not to be just now.
We went into the visitors center for a look, the artwork is good but ranges from $1200 - $12000, so bugger that!
We went into the info part and the people working there had the gas heaters on!, it was 26deg outside!
Once we had done the tourist stuff we came back to the resort grounds and had a look around then came back for a midday nap.

At 5pm we were picked up by a bus and headed out to the middle of nowhere for the Sounds of Silence dinner.
We sat in the middle of the desert with about 50 others and were first treated to free Champagne and Crownies to help watch the sunset over Uluru and the Olga's.
Next we made our way to our tables sitting in the middle of the red dirt for our 3 course feast.
We had unlimited red wine, food such as Crocodile Ceaser Salad, Barra, Kangaroo. Canapés with Emu, Roo, Croc, Salmon & Barra, Bush Salads using local plants and the deserts were pretty awesome too.
There was supposed to be a star talk about all the constellations but the clouds blew in and wrecked that.
We meet some nice people on our table from Adelaide, Sydney and Japan and had a great time.

We head for Marla again which is the start of the Oodnadatta and something i have been hanging to do.

It has been raining all night and we will be packing up wet, again!!!!!
Not sure what reception we will have over the next few days so you might not get to read my dribble over the next few days so i do apologize, but i will take notes and do a heap when we get online again, something for you all to look forward too!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb