Day 4


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Uluru
August 20th 2010
Published: August 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hey all,

Day 4 had us leaving the Marla roadhouse for Uluru.

The campground at Marla was nice, had a supermarket, Pub, Restaurant, pool and dodgy locals!
There were a few very shifty types getting around that night so we had dinner and went back to the van to watch a movie.
In the morning there was a police van out the front talking to two local black fellas and a woman with child. The police took her over to the van and the two other starting abusing the cops, if you used that language to a Victorian copper you would have been shot then told to pull ya head in!
We left there and headed for the border, a lot of nothing out here!!!!!!!
We did however see two massive wedge tailed eagles eating some road kill. These birds could have quite easily picked up Declan and flown away with him, they had chests on them like Arnie!!!
On the way to the rock we stopped at Curtain Springs Station for lunch, another great steak sanga!
They have a pet Emu that wanders around, Tracey was weary of this as she did not want her arm swallowed again by one of these great birds.
We got to Yulara Camp ground at around 3.30 and setup.
Headed off to look at the rock at sunset with about 200 others and got some great pics.
People are right when they say a photo doesn't do it justice. This rock is bloody huge!!!!!!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0203s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1005.4kb