Bels Birthday - Northern Territory


Advertisement
Published: March 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

A weekend to remember, a group of us head down to Litchfield National Park to celebrate Bel's birthday.
Belinda, Mark, Cathy, Shane, Jen, Mick Stuart and myself arrive at the lovely Litchfield Holiday park with self contained cabins, pool, bar, restaurant all backing onto the National Park. Fridays celebrations start with a few drinks on the balcony then off to dinner, cake cutting, a game of pool, a few shots and copious amounts of rum we were nudged on just after midnight, bed at 3am.
A very rough start to the morning, things picked up with eggs Benedict then off to the back of the park where the Finnis River runs to throw a line in. Next a swim in Buley Rock holes which were flowing with force with the wet season here. Back to our cabins for a spot of lunch and a snooze.
Sunday was adventure plus with a trip to Adelaide River to do a spot of fishing with the Aboriginals. Then off to Manton dam where we saw a real crocodile and made us think about us wading in the water all weekend, it sure makes it real when you see it.
Home to Darwin.
Great weekend Guys - Love ya guts.



Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.239s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb