Kings Canyon


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Kings Canyon
September 1st 2011
Published: September 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We had to get up early again, no sleeping in for us! After breakfast we drove over to Kings Canyon. This wasn't the hardest hike but it was a long one and walking on the same kind of rock that I fell on so I opted not to do the hike at the top but the easy hike in the bottom of the canyon. It was still a really nice walk.

Once everyone was back we all had lunch together and then it was time to go back and pack up the camp. Then it was time to make the long journey back to Alice Springs. On the way we stopped at a roadhouse that also sells aboriginal art so we could have a look.

We got back into Alice Springs and then hopped straight into the shower and got ready to go out for dinner with a few of the people from the group. We headed to another backpackers for dinner where one of the guys ordered Camel and let us all try it. It actually tastes really good. You wouldn't be able to tell it apart from beef if someone gave it to you just that it's a bit drier as it's not as fatty.

The backpackers has a pet python that you can hold so we all took a turn holding it. I'm loving every chance i'm getting now to hold a snake, they feel so cool!!!

We headed into town to check out some of the bars. Sadly it was pretty quiet for a thursday night. We had a couple of drinks and listened to some live music before heading home in a cab. I had to say bye to Frenchie (Florent) as he was leaving at 6am the next morning. Sad to see him go as he was really fun and me, him and Stephanie had a really good group.


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0273s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb