Day 88, 89, and 90, Darwin and Katherine


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Katherine
April 20th 2007
Published: April 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So i'm back in the land of OZ. Met Andrew at the airport in Darwin and spent a couple of days seeing the city and meeting his friends. It is so seriously hot, nice to have some sun again! But no doubt i'll be moaning about the temperature again soon - thats the english way or the 'whinging pom' way as the aussies would say!

Spent some time exploring the shops of Darwin and then went to a jumping crocodile show just outside Darwin. You get on a small metal boat and go out along the Adelaide River. They tie pieces of meat to a pole and the crocodiles jump out of the water to catch it. We are sitting in the boat a metre or so from these huge crocodiles jumping out the water! You would defiantly not want to put your head over the edge of the boat in case it is mistaken for a piece of meat!

We drove down form Darwin to Katherine on Wednesday. Its a 3 hour drive which is a long way for us but its a short trip up the road for Australians! Have spent the past 2 days being shown around Katherine and just chilling out. After moving from hostel to hostel every couple of nights its so nice to be in 1 place for a couple of weeks and see the real Australian way of day to day life.

Helen and Chris: glad you got back to the UK ok, i miss you and our laughs! Went to see Hot Fuzz at the cinema last night - v funny! Start thinking about your next round the world adventure!




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



21st April 2007

crocks
crikey, you wouldn't take a leisurly swim there! Beasts! They really ming. you should have put poison on the meat. Where is crockodile Dundee? obviously keeping you occupied as you dont bother writing much now,- you were very good in NZ!...ah well, dont get fooled with that looking at the sun to tell time but has watch in hat trick. Have fun winging Pom!
22nd April 2007

Well done to chris!!
Hi Liz, Thank you for your message! The 3 of us had such a good time together. I agree, i can't believe Chris flew half way across the world alone and jumped out a plane! He did so well. Glad you are enjoying the blog, will keep it up. Can't believe i've only got a month left. Lots to do though, OZ, LA, Las Vegas and New York so lots of blogging still to come! Lisa x

Tot: 0.188s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 58; dbt: 0.1138s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb