BARKLEY HOMESTEAD


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Devils Marbles
November 21st 2011
Published: November 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We have finally left Queensland and we’re in the Northern Territory!!
It’s our 13th Wedding Anniversary and we end up at the Barkley Homestead for the night. The campground and facilities are great. We spent the afternoon in the pool and enjoyed our anniversary dinner in the Homestead’s Roadhouse Restaurant. Not romantic but very nice atmosphere and food. Thanks Mum for the card!
The next morning we got on the road early and headed to Tennant Creek. We didn’t hang around for long, just stopped for fuel. Not really a tourist destination in our books!

About 200kms down the road we were flagged down by a lady on her own with a blow-out tyre. She had a jack but not the lever that attaches to it to make it go up? Apparently if we didn’t stop she was just going to keep driving on it?

It was so hot I thought I should get the dog out of the car so he didn’t die from heat stroke. I didn’t realise the ground was fry pan hot! I also didn’t notice him carrying on like a pork chop because I was on the other side of the road trying to help dig through this woman’s car to find her missing jack part. It wasn’t till we were long gone and at our lunch stop that we figured out what was wrong with Maxie. He just would not get out of the car! There was no way he was getting out! It didn’t matter what we did nothing was moving him out of the car!

My poor puppy, I think I burnt his little foots…I’m such a bad mother.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Errol & RubyErrol & Ruby
Errol & Ruby

Resident black cockatoos at the Barkley Homestead.


Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb