Sydney to Cairns trip


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
June 7th 2008
Published: June 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Plane taking off on beach 44 secs
Our 4x4 coach on Fraser IslandOur 4x4 coach on Fraser IslandOur 4x4 coach on Fraser Island

This was a bone rattler!!!
At present we are travelling up the east coast of Australia- by means of the Greyhound bus system - from Sydney to Cairns. So far we have stopped at Port Macquarie, Byron Bay, Brisbane and at present we are in Hervey Bay, the gate way to Fraser Island, aka as The Great Sandy Island or at least it was up until the 1800's.

We have completed our Sydney to Cairns trip. We went to Magnetic Island off Townsville, visited the Whitsunday Islands and the Great Barrier Reef. We would really recommend the companies we did the tours with. For the Whitsunday tour we went with ReefJet. The crew were really informative and if you want to try an introductory dive it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. There is also a photographer on board to take your photo on Hill Inlet and on Whitehaven Beach. If you only have a day to see the Whitsundays then these are the guys to do it with. We went snorkeling.

For our trip to the Great Barrier Reef we went with Reef Magic. http://www.reefmagic.com.au/
We had 15-20 Knots on the way out. To say the journey was a little bumpy is almost an understatement. The crew were great, helping people who didn't feel too good. Their catamaran takes 90 minutes to get you out to their private reef platform called Marine World. They are the best team to take you to the reef as snorkeling and the semi-sub are included in the price, where as some companies that charge for you to do bought activities.

We had our photo taken while snorkeling with a local resident Maori Wrasse fish called “Wally”. I will upload the photos later. That is also another great feature, the photographer gets in the water in scuba gear so you get shots in the water. Check out page 3 for photos


Additional photos below
Photos: 136, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0369s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb