Yass


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Yass
May 31st 2011
Published: June 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

31 May Echuca - Yass


Today we left Mark & Maria’s in Echuca on the way to Yass for a night in a cabin (I thought this was meant to be a camping trip?). It was a good night last night, with pizza ready for us on arrival at around 6pm.

It was a funny drive up from Melbourne to Echuca yesterday. Phil, Kathleen & Jen were leading the way when they pulled off the freeway to head toward Echuca. We were a car or two behind & went to pull into the slip lane when the yobbo in the Common-dore behind us decided to speed up & take our spot in the slip lane. I slowed down. He slowed down. Then the opportunity was past, so the Peterson’s in the Maverick headed up the freeway for 10 odd kilometres before trying to find our way back – which we did without further problems.

Mark & Maria’s place is awesome & fitted us seven ring-ins in without a problem. We spent the early evening having a bite eat, some Wild Turkey cans (courtesy of Mark) & a natter about all things good & evil. We made sure we fitted enough time in to take the pi$$ out of Phil as much as possible!

Today’s travels were good. 550km odd from Echuca to Yass which equated to roughly seven hours after a stop in Albury for lunch & then the obligatory picture with the Dog on the Tuckerbox just out of Gundagai. I forgot that the poem/song goes “...on the road to Gundagai” rather than in Gundagai itself, so I threw a small tantrum after pulling off the freeway & then realising I was 8km early!

Not to fear though – we spent the last 1 ½ hours all singing some Mumford & Sons, Art vs. Science, The Presets and, Boy & Bear (?) songs in the car as we chewed up the miles. On to Ross' from here for a trip around the RAAF base.


Advertisement



4th June 2011

"Here I go down that wrong road again"... fa la la la!!
Mumford and Sons sounds a bit cooler than the songs Dad had us singing last time we drove through Yass about 20 years ago....Crystal Gayle... "Here I go down that wrong road again Goin' back where I've already been Even knowin' where it will end Here I go down that wrong road again"... Remember??!! Ahh good memories, even though we cracked it a few times, I'll never forgot that albumn!! Thanks Dad ; )
16th June 2011

Nice song choices - beats the hell out of singing The Wiggles and High 5 for hours on end I'm sure! Sounds like you're having fun so far :)
20th June 2011

haha forgot about chrystal gale bec! thought they were still into rod stewart and john denver round then! when u gonna introduce the kids to Mr Acker Bilk, Mick?? Kids are gonna love the RAAF base!!

Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb