"Going back to rehab... I say no, no. no."


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Wollongong
May 27th 2008
Published: May 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Kara's toe and the 2 breaks.Kara's toe and the 2 breaks.Kara's toe and the 2 breaks.

And what happens when you wear flip flops in Melbourne and don't see a curb..... Be careful!
Never quite thought I would be at a rehab centre, but we are back at Brett's aunt and uncles in Wollongong which has now been renamed the "Horsley Rehab Centre".

After taking 2 days to do the coastal road up from Melbourne to Wollongong, and me not seeing awhole lot as my sore toe that I kicked the curb with in Melbourne, hasn't got any better, and I can only get out of the truck in extreme circumstances (i.e. bathroom pitstops, a place to sleep for the night, food). And even those were limited. Brett has never seen me not got out of the truck so little, and not ask him to pull over every 2 hours for a pit stop! Think he kind of liked it! Made for a quicker trip!

The drive from Melbourne over to the coast wasn't that exciting, it doesn't hug the coast that much, only really once. But there are some nice farm areas, and forests, and we did see the Snowy River, but other than that not much else.

We stayed one night at a caravan park in Merimbulla in the south part of New South Wales. It is a really nice town with some amazing looking beaches and water color. Even though we didn't have our trailer with us, all of the caravan parks have cabins, or chook sheds,as they are called, that you can rent (chook means chicken here, another bit of aussie slang for you). They are usually alot cheaper than a hotel, and you have your own kitchen, bathroom, and theycan sleep usually 4-6 people, and are usually like most of the caravan parks here in Australia have the best locations right on the beach. This one was the same. Only wish we could have gone for a walk on the beach or a surf!

We made it back to Horsley, the suburb of Wollongong where Brett's aunt and uncle live, and decided I should go get an xray, only to find out I broke my big toe in 2 spots, and one is pretty bad where I broke the corner of the bone almost right off. So now I am hobbling around with a cast and crutches, at least I am not the only patient here though. Brett's uncle had shoulder surgery a few days after we got here, and his aunt has a disc
Pebbly Beach on the Southeast coast of NSW.Pebbly Beach on the Southeast coast of NSW.Pebbly Beach on the Southeast coast of NSW.

A bit of a drive in on a bumpy road, but worth it to see all the kangaroos on this quiet little beach.
problem in her back, so we are a bunch of cripples here in Horsley! And the only one who is ok has decided he has to get outta here before something happens to him! Well not really, but Brett has headed up to a coastal area south of Bundaberg in Queensland for 2 weeks to help on a skateboard park up there. I was going to go with him, but crutches and sand don't mix that well, and now I have to go see a specialist for my toe, so thought we better get that all fixed up so we can get back to the fun stuff!






Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Brett bottling beer.Brett bottling beer.
Brett bottling beer.

A.K.A. What needs to happen at the "Horsley Rehab Centre" when you are forced to look after a bunch of cripples.
A few of the 90 beers that have been bottled this week.A few of the 90 beers that have been bottled this week.
A few of the 90 beers that have been bottled this week.

Not to mention the ones that were bottled the following week too. Need something to pass the time at the rehab centre!


Tot: 0.194s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb